Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sunday Morning with Tyson

My sweet doggie Tyson is dying from cancer. He was diagnoed in January and at this point, I believe we will only have him a couple more weeks - maybe less. He's weak and has trouble moving around. We've discovered that he loves laying in the sun. In the mornings, he lays in the small sun patch that comes in the back window. Since the weather has gotten nice, we bring him out in the front yard in the mornings while we sit on the front step and slowly wake up. Tyson lays on his side in the sun soaking up its warmth. He loves it. He lays there so long he begins to pant, but he lays there anyway. I've realized that laying in the sun seems to be an instinct for him. I wonder if its because sunlight has vitamin D in it and Vitamin D is a cancer fighter. It's an interesting thought.
It makes me thinks about us as human creatures when we get weak and sickly. Don't we also have an instinct to lay in the sunlight - or more accurately the SON light. Isn't it nice to feel the warmth of Jesus shine on us when the weight of the world eats away at us like the cancer is eating away at poor Tyson's body. I look at Tyson laying so peacefully in the sun. The cancer hasn't taken away his peace provided by the warm sun. Lord, help me to always remember that no matter what trials and pain this world brings to me that there is always peace in the SON.

No comments: