Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not enough Time

"One reason we are so harried and hurried is that we make yesterday and tomorrow our business, when all that legitimately concerns us is today. If we really have too much to do, there are some items on the agenda which God did not put there. Let us submit the list to Him and ask Him to indicate which items we must delete. There is always time to do the will of God. If we are too busy to do that, we are too busy."~ Elisabeth Elliott ~

So, here's how it breaks down. If I am carrying around the weight of yesterdays gone by, then I cannot focus on today's task and purpose to which God has called me. If I am preoccupied with worry about tomorrow and the future, then I don't have the energy or brain power or emotional stamina to deal with today. Father God, forgive me for my busyness because you called me to obey You and not to simply be busy. Here's my day, it's Yours!

No comments: