Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What has praise and worship brought to your life?

In one of Beth Moore's devotions from her book, "David," she asked the question: "What has praise and worship brought to your life?" I grew up in a church was wasn't very demonstrative during the worship service. We sang the old hymns which are beautiful but sometimes felt routine. But I really latched on to the song "How Great Thou Art". My heart would soar when we sang it. It remains very special to me to this day. Many years later, my husband and I visited a different church and I was truly blown away by the worship service. There was an emphasis on praise in the music and in the attitudes of the people. I realized what I had been missing for so many years! It was the kind of praise and worship that can make my heart blaze with emotion because it reminds me of who God is! So to answer the question "What has praise and worship brought to my life?"...the answer is SWEET PEACE. I feel peace because I realize how small my problems and worries are compared to His majesty and power. Lord, help me to always remember the words of Job: "Your mysteries are higher than the heavens, deeper than the depth of the grave, longer than the earth and wider than the sea." How Great Thou Art!

No comments: